Direct electricity use of the Internet is probably around 10% of total electricity consumption, said Jon Koomey Research Fellow at Stanford University.
That surprising fact is a reality that we often deny for the sake of New Technologies: Energy consumption and electronic waste are just the begining. In our digital world, where Internet and electronic devices are omnipresent: Which innovations will allow us to consider a more responsible future in ICT?
If you are concerned about this issue, the European Project KARIM and Cap Digital invite you to participate to the next OPEN FORUM, the meeting place for academic and private expertises and innovative SMEs across Northwest Europe.
Programme on 3rd December 2013, Paris:
02:00 PM : Registration
02:30 : Introduction by KARIM Network and Cap Digital
02:45 : Key note "green IT in France" - Frédéric Bordage
03:00 : Round Table "How to reduce the footprint of online services?" with
- Alban SCHMUTZ, Senior Vice-President, Business Development & Public Affairs - OVH, web hosting european leader
- Olivier PHILIPPOT, co-founder of Green Code Lab, software ecodesign
- Denis GUIBARD, Director Sustainable Development, Products & Services - France Telecom-Orange
- Eva KERN, Research Associate at Green Software Engineering (Germany)
04:30 : One Minute Madness (10 selected pitches) - if interested please notice it in the registration form.
04:45 : Presentation of the Workshops and Speed Networking sessions
04:50 : Coffee Break
05:00 : Speed Networking in the lobby on 4 different topics :
- Energy management of work station with Nicolas DEPOORTER, AVOB
- Green Datacenter with Julien FROSIO, NoRack
- End of life & Waste with Flore BERLINGEN, Cniid
- Eco-labels with Frédéric BORDAGE, greenIT.fr
05:00 : Two workshops :
- 05:00 : Software ecodesign in practice, by Olivier PHILIPPOT, Green Code Lab
- 05:30 : Responsible IT sourcing by La Poste (speaker TBC)
6.00 : Cocktail
More information about the event: here